5 best Blue Light screen protectors in 2021: from tablet to TV
One of the side effects of using your smartphone, tablet or computer is exposure to artificial blue light, which has been linked to negative impacts on eye health, sleep quality, and well-being. general. Blue light emissions from digital device display screens can cause eye strain, which can lead to fatigue, headaches, and blurred vision.
Exposure to blue light can also suppress the production of melatonin, a hormone that controls your sleep patterns. This can lead to fatigue, insomnia, and disrupted sleep patterns, especially if you use your device in the evening and at night.
Fortunately, there are several types of blue light filtering products that you can use to limit your exposure. Blue light screen protectors block blue light from electronic devices such as phones, tablets, or computers.
Read on to take a look at our list of some of the best blue light screen protectors. You will also learn more about the effectiveness of blue light screen protectors and what to look for when buying one.
Many anecdotal reports claim that filtering blue light from screens has benefits. People say blue light blocking products, including glasses and screen protectors, reduce symptoms of blue light exposure such as eye irritation, headaches, and fatigue.
Scientific research surrounding the presumed risks of blue light exposure and the benefits of blue light reduction provides mixed results.
“Optical radiation” is a term for the range of visible light, light that the human eye cannot see (such as ultraviolet, UV, and infrared), as well as things like microwaves and X-rays.
According to a
Best blue light blocking screen protector with privacy filter
Price: $ 50 to $ 125
Available in a range of sizes, the Ocushield screen protector blocks blue light from monitors and laptops. It has a privacy filter that makes your black screen appear from other angles, which is great for people who work in the company of other people. The screen also has an antibacterial coating and an anti-reflective coating.
Designed by optometrists and sleep therapists, the screen protector has an MHRA Class 1 medical rating, which classifies it as a medical device in the UK.
Based on customer reviews, Ocushield has a 3.8 rating on Trustpilot. Customer reviews are mostly positive, indicating that the screen filter effectively reduced dry eyes, headaches, and eye strain.
Best cell phone screen protector blocking blue light
Price: $ 34.95 to $ 39.95
EyeJust iPhone screen protector blocks blue light and protects your screen from cracks, scratches and impacts without changing the color or brightness of the screen. It is also oil resistant, which helps prevent smudging.
EyeJust products are third party tested and approved by ophthalmologists. The company offers a 2 year warranty that covers cracked or damaged screen protectors purchased from the EyeJust website.
Best blue light screen protector for high quality visual experience
Price: $ 49.99
This blue light screen filter is ideal for people who want to minimize blue light without sacrificing visual quality. Eyesafe screen filters use a patented protective film to block blue light from display screens without changing color or brightness. The screen protector comes with dust collectors, screen cleaning wipes and a microfiber cloth.
Eyesafe consults with eye care professionals and uses third-party testing to develop blue light blocking products designed to protect the health and well-being of your eyes. The products are certified by TÃV Rheinland, an organization specializing in standards related to color management and blue light filtration for digital devices.
Best blue light filter for computers and televisions
Price: $ 54
LowBlueLights offers screen filters specifically for sleep and wellness. The acrylic filter is designed to block as much blue light emitted from televisions and computers as possible, using an orange tint. The filter comes with velcro to help secure it on large screens. Several online reviews praise the customer service, product quality, and the company’s user-friendly website.
It is important to note that due to the thickness of acrylic filters, they will not work on touch screens. Instead, you can use a vinyl filter.
Best blue light screen protector for MacBook
Price: $ 70
Designed to fit MacBook Air and Pro models, the Ocushield Blue Light Filter includes a privacy filter to ensure your screen is not visible to onlookers. It also maintains color quality and protects against bacteria, scratches, and glare. If the exact size of your screen is not available, you can purchase a larger size and use a utility knife to cut it.
Ocushield donates Â£ 1 (US $ 1.36) to the Royal National Institute of Blind People for every order. Several reviews indicate that Ocushield’s customer service team is courteous, helpful and responsive.
Before purchasing a blue light screen protector, consider the following:
- Company reputation. Look for a reputable company that backs product quality with a generous warranty or return policy. Read online customer reviews and ratings from Trustpilot or the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Check out the company’s website to get a feel for the brand.
- Product quality and efficiency. Look for companies that use third-party testing and certification. Choose brands designed or recommended by healthcare professionals.
- Visual quality. To avoid distortion and fading, select a screen protector that maintains the original screen color and brightness.
- Cut. Make sure the screen filter dimensions are the correct size for your device. Most brands offer filters to fit specific models.
- Additional features. Some filters also include coatings that protect your screen from impacts, scratches, and smudges. Privacy and anti-glare filters are also available.
- Eyeglasses. You can wear prescription or non-prescription glasses when using electronic devices. Some glasses may include blue light reduction or glare in the lenses for extended screen time.
- Night mode. You can use the night or dark mode function built into your device.
- 20-20-20 exercise. Many ophthalmologists also suggest practicing the 20-20-20 rule. After about 20 minutes of looking at a screen, look at something at least 20 feet away for 20 seconds. No matter how far or near you let your gaze wander, the main goal is to look away from the screen and let your eyes observe other objects and distances to reduce strain and fatigue.
- Bulbs. If you think screens are impacting your sleep, you can use blue light-blocking bulbs, especially in rooms where you spend the most time at night.
- Less screen time at night. If possible, limit your screen time, especially after sunset. Design a nighttime routine that will help you relax in the evening, so that you can fall asleep more easily, have a deeper sleep, and wake up full of energy.
Blue light from electronic devices can impact your sleep, vision, and overall well-being. For those times when you need to be on your cell phone, tablet, or computer, screen protectors and other options can reduce the impact.