Nokia and Smartlabs launch the first-ever Nokia smart lighting in the US
European style, designed for the American home
Nokia Smart Lighting products have a clean, modern aesthetic that can be found in high-end custom solutions, while also resembling familiar wall switch and dial designs that don’t require family or guests to learn how to use them. use them. Precision engineering provides a high quality product with soft touch haptics for a sleek feel and quiet operation. Design touches like screwless wallplates and matte finishes enhance the aesthetic of any room, home or building.
“We understand that every home is different, so we created the new Nokia Smart Lighting products to complement any style of home and make smart lighting easy for everyone. The range is designed to work with anyone. any fixture, any bulb and wiring setup and you can control the system by touch, voice, phone or tablet, “said Rob lilleness, Chairman and CEO of Smartlabs. “These new products beautify the home with beautiful lighting, whether it’s setting the mood for a dinner party or automatically turning on the staircase lights for the morning – its life-enhancing lighting.”
Universal compatibility simplifies smart lighting
Smartlabs’ universal technology provides consumers with the ultimate in versatility and customization for virtually any home. Nokia Smart Lighting switches and sockets work with (and since):
- Any light fixture – dimmable or on / off, adjusting each for perfect brightness.
- Any type of bulb – LED, incandescent, halogen or fluorescent.
- Any wiring configuration – single switch or grouped switches.
- Anywhere – at home, in the car, or on vacation with Android and iOS apps, using voice assistants, or at the push of a button or turning a dial.
- Any preference – use it as a standard switch or go for the Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa.
The product line – comprising paddle and dial switches, a four-button multifunction keypad, plug and bridge – offers maximum flexibility to enable a smart way to upgrade any home, regardless of the conditions. existing fixtures, wiring, type of bulb or floor plan.
Combining maximum convenience with cutting-edge technology, Nokia Smart Lighting products make it easy for anyone to enjoy reliable smart lighting in any residential or commercial building. And unlike smart bulbs, these smart devices work even if someone has turned off the switch – a common problem in smart homes today.
Unique dual mesh provides reliability, range and scalability, even if Wi-Fi is down
Unlike wireless-only systems, Nokia Smart Lighting devices stay connected using the power of a dual-mesh network. The products combine radio frequency (RF) and power line (existing wires in a house) for superior reliability and responsiveness.1 This dual-mesh network offers the performance of wired and the convenience of wireless to ensure your lights work, even if the home Wi-Fi is down. The advantages include:
- Reliability: Your home is wirelessly a battleground full of obstacles, and Nokia Smart Lighting products solve this problem by simultaneously using wireless radio frequency communications and your home’s existing electrical wiring to provide a level of reliability that no other wireless technology can match.
- Range: Thanks to Smartlabs’ unique and patented dual mesh technology, Nokia Smart Lighting signals travel farther without interruption than other wireless technologies only commonly used.2 Using the dual-mesh approach, existing electrical wiring and wireless obstacles rarely hamper signals, resulting in a substantial reliability advantage over single-band networks.
- Scalability: Each Nokia Smart Lighting device can repeat messages over the network, eliminating the latencies and bottlenecks that can occur when a single device fails in a routed network. Each device remains in constant contact with all other devices and can control (and be controlled) by other devices, allowing users to add an almost endless number of devices to personalize their home without the limitations of other systems without wire only.
Now available for pre-order at nokia.smartlabsinc.com, prices for Nokia Smart Lighting products range from $ 39.99 at $ 59.99 per device. Matching clean and screwless wallplates are available in 1, 2, 3 and 4 group versions.
About Smartlabs Inc.
Founded in 1992 and acquired by Richmond Capital Partners in 2017, Smartlabs has extensive experience in the development of technologies for communication and control of electricity, lighting and sensors, the company holding more than 50 patents which constitute the basis for continuous innovation in the field of smart devices. For more information about the company and its products, visit nokia.smartlabsinc.com and www.smartlabsinc.com.
1 Study of the Internet of Things network, University of California-Irvine, May 2019 and NIST Construction Automation Program Report No. 3, Electromagnetic Signal Attenuation in Construction Materials, October 1997
Nokia is a registered trademark of Nokia Corporation, used under license by Smartlabs Inc. Android, Google Assistant, and Google Home are trademarks of Google Inc. iOS is a registered trademark of Cisco Systems Inc. and its affiliates in United States and some other countries. Amazon Alexa is a trademark of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance®.