O’Connor Brewing Company – Head Brewer – Brewbound.com Craft Beer Job Posting
O’Connor Brewing Company
Apply for this job
The Head Brewer leads the brewing team and leads the production of high quality, consistent and innovative beers. The Head Brewer oversees all brewery operations and owns the beer production throughout the process of recipe development, material sourcing, brewing, cellaring, packaging and quality control.
The Head Brewer is a key leadership role who works closely with other members of the executive team to develop strategic plans for sales growth, brand development and product innovation.
- Lead the development of new products through recipe formulation, innovative techniques and collaboration with team members across the organization.
- Collaborate with Warehouse and Logistics Manager and Sales Manager at the weekly production planning meeting to set brilliant beer production goals to meet sales demand and seasonal release schedule .
- Plan and manage the brewery and cellar production schedule to efficiently meet brilliant beer production goals.
- Manage, plan and train members of the brewing team.
- Source all raw materials and maintain strong partnerships with raw material suppliers.
- Coordinate with the warehouse team to ensure raw material purchases and inventory levels meet production plan.
- Lead the R&D program and manage the pilot brewery schedule for the tasting room exclusive small batch beers.
- Strive to continuously improve the quality, consistency and cost of beer.
- Manage brewery operating expenses and payroll according to budget.
- Perform brewing, cellar, CIP, quality control and packaging tasks as needed.
- Maintain and create SOPs as needed to ensure all brewing, cellar, CIP, QC and packaging processes are performed by team members in a consistent, safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure brewery equipment and production area are kept clean, organized and in good working order to meet quality, sanitation and safety standards.
- Supervise and coordinate the maintenance of the brewery performed by professional contractors as needed.
- Oversee brewery safety protocols and compliance measures.
- Communicate with members of the sales, marketing and tasting room team regarding beer style details and tasting notes.
Terms & Conditions
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in a role of brewer, head brewer or brewery production manager.
- Demonstrated experience in creating successful beer recipes.
- Previous experience with pilot brewing, canning, bottling and barrel aging is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related technical field and / or formal training in brewing is preferred.
Compensation and benefits
- Salary according to experience
- Benefit package including health insurance, dental insurance, 401K with company match and PTO
- Potential for resettlement assistance
Details for all positions
- Shift planning:
- Ability to report to work in a timely manner
- Willingness to work flexible work schedules, including weekends and nights
- Physical requirements:
- Ability to perform a variety of physical tasks which may include lifting heavy objects, climbing, balancing, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grabbing and pulling repetitive movements
- Ability to communicate clearly with co-workers and management in verbal and written form
- Must have sufficient visual and hearing acuity to operate machinery safely, drive motor vehicles safely and perform work in a neat and thorough manner
- Working conditions :
- Safety is the top priority; however, members of the production team may be subject to:
- Cold, hot and / or noisy work environment
- Hazards, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electric current, working on scaffolding or high places, exposure to heat or chemicals
- This job description is only a summary of typical job duties, and not an exhaustive or complete list of all possible responsibilities, duties and functions.
- O’Connor Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job